Hunston Parish Council serves the Village of Hunston in West Sussex.
We hope you find it useful in providing you with information on the activities of the Parish Council along with information on our local church, village hall and other village groups and organisations.
Please use the navigation buttons on the left to find your way around the site.
Publication of the Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037
The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (Regulation 16)
Hunston Parish Council as the qualifying body has prepared a neighbourhood development plan, entitled Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037, for their parish with the help of the local community. The plan sets out a vision for the future of the parish and planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications locally.
Copies of the Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037 and supporting documentation are available to view as shown below:
- All documents are available on the CDC website and, in the first instance, people are encouraged to access the documents online www.chichester.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan under the entry for Hunston.
- A copy of the documents will be made available by Hunston Parish Council by contacting the Clerk by phone on 01243 789039 or by email .
- A copy of the documents can be sent by contacting the CDC customer service team by phone on 01243 785166 or by email
- A copy of all the documents will be made available at the CDC offices at East Pallant House and will be available to view on request through making an appointment by contacting the customer service team 01243 785166 or by email
The period for submission of representations will run from Thursday 15 July until Thursday 9 September 2021. Representations should arrive no later than 5.00pm on 9 September 2021. All representations received will be available to view publicly.
To make representations:
- Response forms can be downloaded and filled in electronically by visiting http://www.chichester.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan Printed copies are available on request from Chichester District Council and Hunston Parish Council Clerk as indicated above.
Completed response forms should be sent to:
- Neighbourhood Planning, Chichester District Council, East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester PO19 1TY
- Or emailed to
All comments will be publicly available and identifiable by name and (where applicable) organisation. Please note that any other personal information will be processed by Chichester District Council in line with the principles and rights set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, which cover such things as why and for how long we use, keep and look after your personal data.
Please note that any representations may include a request to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the neighbourhood development plan.
Latest News Items
NOTICE is hereby given that not less fourteen days from the date of this Notice West Sussex County Council intends to make an Order under Sections 16A and 16B of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended), the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding in either direction along the […]
The Parish Council extends a warm welcome to our new Assistant Clerk, Carole Olive. Carole will be working in the Annexe alongside Carol (Our Parish Clerk) on a Wednesday and Friday Morning. Carole has recently retired down to Pagham and has a background in Local Government, having previously been the Clerk to Ash Parish Council.
Vintage fete Thank Yous
Following the survey of residents of Hunston, the results are available via the link below. We are now writing the draft Neighbourhood Plan, which will reflect the choice made by the survey respondents. Question 8 showed a clear preference for Choice 1 (Farmfield Nurseries, Ridgeway Nursery, Hunston Village Dairy). The Neighbourhood Plan team will now […]
Hunston Parish Council has a vacancy for an enthusiastic Assistant Clerk for 8 hours a week to assist the Clerk of the Council in their legal duties. Reporting to the Clerk of the Council you will assist by providing a clerical and administrative support service alongside the Clerk. The successful candidate will be confident and […]
Come and join your local wildlife charity for a celebration of local wildlife. \to find out more please click on the link below. Hunston Wildlife Day A4 poster FIN
From Wednesday morning when half the north fence of the playground was on the ground, with broken posts and wood splinters all over the place to 6.30 that evening when it was all cleared What a wonderful village Hunston can be! Wednesday morning the playground fence was damaged, on the ground with broken wood posts. […]
A huge thank you to everyone who came to the Annual Parish Meeting on Wednesday 22 May 2019. We hope the presentation and the opportunity to talk to those who were either owners or developers for the sites that had come forward, was useful. Please find links below to the two presentations from the evening. […]