Hunston Parish Council serves the Village of Hunston in West Sussex.
We hope you find it useful in providing you with information on the activities of the Parish Council along with information on our local church, village hall and other village groups and organisations.
Please use the navigation buttons on the left to find your way around the site.
Publication of the Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037
The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (Regulation 16)
Hunston Parish Council as the qualifying body has prepared a neighbourhood development plan, entitled Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037, for their parish with the help of the local community. The plan sets out a vision for the future of the parish and planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications locally.
Copies of the Hunston Neighbourhood Development Plan 2019-2037 and supporting documentation are available to view as shown below:
- All documents are available on the CDC website and, in the first instance, people are encouraged to access the documents online www.chichester.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan under the entry for Hunston.
- A copy of the documents will be made available by Hunston Parish Council by contacting the Clerk by phone on 01243 789039 or by email .
- A copy of the documents can be sent by contacting the CDC customer service team by phone on 01243 785166 or by email
- A copy of all the documents will be made available at the CDC offices at East Pallant House and will be available to view on request through making an appointment by contacting the customer service team 01243 785166 or by email
The period for submission of representations will run from Thursday 15 July until Thursday 9 September 2021. Representations should arrive no later than 5.00pm on 9 September 2021. All representations received will be available to view publicly.
To make representations:
- Response forms can be downloaded and filled in electronically by visiting http://www.chichester.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan Printed copies are available on request from Chichester District Council and Hunston Parish Council Clerk as indicated above.
Completed response forms should be sent to:
- Neighbourhood Planning, Chichester District Council, East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester PO19 1TY
- Or emailed to
All comments will be publicly available and identifiable by name and (where applicable) organisation. Please note that any other personal information will be processed by Chichester District Council in line with the principles and rights set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, which cover such things as why and for how long we use, keep and look after your personal data.
Please note that any representations may include a request to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the neighbourhood development plan.
Latest News Items
Chichester COVID-19 vaccination briefing – 080120
The message below was received by a local resident from our MP, Gillian Keegan. “I am delighted that three vaccines have now been approved for use in the UK, with […]
A new planning application has been submitted to Chichester District Council, the application is listed as Land south of Lowlands (locally know as the Pigeon House Farm field). Whilst the […]
Council tax help for residents in the Chichester District Chichester District Council is making people aware of all of the support that is available to help them pay their bills […]
Chichester District Council are urging residents not to light bonfires during the coronavirus crisis to protect the health of others. Smoke and smells from bonfires can aggravate respiratory problems which […]
This morning the Parish Council has been putting together information to help support residents in Hunston. This information will shortly be available on Facebook and will be distributed to every […]
FLOW Activity – Habitat improvement working party on Saturday 25th January 2020 at Spire Cottage Pond, Church Lane, Hunston PO20 1AJ We are going to be working at this secret […]
Hunston Over 60’s Christmas Tea held on Sunday 8 December was a tremendous success. Organised by five wonderful ladies from Merle Court: “Our Merle Court Five!” Sandra Stenning, Debbie Webb, […]