There remains a vacancy on the Parish Council which it would like to fill at the Parish Council meeting on Wednesday 25 November. If you are interested in joining the Parish Council – please contact the Clerk 01243 203203 or the Chairman 01243 531321
To stand for election on a parish council, you must:
- be a UK or Commonwealth citizen, or;
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or;
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union;
- be at least 18 years old.
To be eligible to be co-opted to Hunston Parish Council you must:
- be an elector of the parish, or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
- during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.